Open House was Monday during my Open House. So G.daddy and M.maw took WRB to meet Mrs. F. and see the classroom. Then Daddy walked WRB to her classroom Wed. morning. He said she skipped all the way down to her room. She remembered meeting one friend, Malachi.
She told G.Daddy that her "feet were killing her" when she hopped off the bus.
She kept reminding me that if you were bad that you went to the principal's office... Not sure if that was b/c of my warning, or the Pre-K teacher's warnings. She liked her lunch packed from home.
Glad that this transition into public school went well for her.
PS: I wasn't really sad. I think I am kinda immune to first days since I am a teacher. WRB was literally thrown into daycare a month after we arrived from China. So she has always been "my daycare kid" and adjust easily. I think I was more in awe, of my little gal who came here three years ago, knowing NO English and now you can't keep her quiet... (As she folds clothes and is singing Tooty Ta...)
WRB





2 comments:
Awww, I'm so glad that it went well! I'm with ya on the first day thing...doesn't bother me either! I have given you an award...see my blog for details!
How sweet! And who doesn't love doing the Tooty Ta! Thumbs up!
Post a Comment